Thursday, May 12, 2011

I ache.


Marvelling at the beauty of your creation.

Helpless, without a word, to satisfy the longing

to extol the You worthily.



I ache.

Each time I find an imprint of your creativity.

Each time I sense your presence about me.

I ache, wanting to praise, but ashamed of my meagre words.



I ache at the sound -

the crash of breakers on a lonely shore,

the voice of choirs lifted in adulation.



I ache at the sight of

the clean shiny green of a new leaf,

the glow of the dying sun setting all afire,



I ache in

the pregnant silence of deep forests,

and the stillness of a moonlit night.



The majesty of towering cliffs

The blinding brightness of the morning sun.

The vastness of the moaning sea.

A vibrant rainbow against the gray.

Leave me breathless,

aching to pour gratitude.



The warmth of friendship around a table

A hug from someone dear

The trusting hand-clasp of a child

The suddeness of a joy-caused tear.



The grandeur of a craggy range.

The swooping cry of a mountain bird.

And surprisingly I know why I ache -

my wordless heart calling to its Maker.

 
 
 
 
○ 2011 Rebekah D'Souza

No comments:

Post a Comment